How will startups be responsible for giving a new approach to the education of the next generations? The enlightED Awards want to find the most innovative entrepreneurial initiatives within two areas: education and technology.
In addition to the innovative nature, the projects must have a great social impact and be scalable. These were the selection criteria, which has been carried out by a committee consisting of an international network of investors, entrepreneurs and experts from different industries.
The awards have been convened by Fundación Telefónica, IE University and South Summit, along with partners such as Wayra and Telefónica Educación Digital. The main objective is to be the ideal scenario to detect the best entrepreneurial initiatives in education, innovation and technology.
Projects winners will have access to the accelerator startups of Edtech IE Rockets, in addition to the network of international ventures and investor Wayra ecosystem South Summit. They will also have the possibility of working with their partners and collaborators. The ten finalists, who compete to be the best startup in Digital Education, are the following:
- COMMONLIT (United States): offers free high-quality teaching materials to support the development of student literacy in grades 3 through 12.
- EXPANSIO – CODEALL (Poland): it is a Chatbot that relies on Artificial Intelligence. It establishes a natural conversation with the user while allowing to encode intelligent environments.
- MOBIETRAIN (Belgium): it is a micro-learning platform that allows employees to boost their own professional development and retain knowledge through small-scale training content.
- MTABE (Tanzania): thanks to Artificial Intelligence, this platform provides instant learning. In addition, it also offers support via message on mobile phones. The project is aimed at students who cannot afford textbooks or do not have access to the Internet.
- NEEKIDS (Chile): it is a tool that conducts psycho-pedagogical, neurocognitive and neuropsychological tests to create a neurodidactic profile. In this way, machine learning techniques are created, to recommend the best educational program adapted to the special needs of each child.
- PRAXILABS (Egypt): provides equal opportunities for STEM education for students around the world, providing interactive virtual 3D simulations.
- SMILE AND LEARN (Spain): it is an adaptive learning platform designed for children from 3 to 12 years old. It includes more than 4,000 activities, 200 applications and 250 videos, which reinforce language and intelligence. At the same time, it provides recommendations based on children’s progress.
- SKRIWARE (Poland): startup that has developed a fully integrated ecosystem consisting of easy-to-use 3D prints. In addition, it promotes a system of construction of modular robots and a set of online tools, which allows users to take full advantage of the learning potential of 3D printing.
- SMOWLTECH (Spain): its objective is to help organizations improve their online academic integrity in order to gain confidence and prestige in the market. It provides a continuous online protection service , through facial recognition. Thus, it allows organizations to increase their offer with credibility and profitability.
- MARMELADE (France): micro-learning application, which allows users to learn easily by answering a question while unlocking their phone.